Ok - Jimmy and I took Lily to the Pediactric ENT, who talked to us about tubes. He agrees that she has been on way too many antibiotics (he said she has been on 2 times as many as other children her age with just as many ear infections). The problem is - 1 would never completely take care of the infection. Since the age of 2 is "magic" - we are going to wait for a couple of months and see how she does. He wants to remain conservative, which is fine, I just want her to not be on anymore antibiotics. PLUS we have FINALLY gotten her asthma under control. She is on a medicine called SYMBICORT. It is a combination medication that has really helped with her cough. It is for the most part gone. We are having to stay indoors when the temperature drops though - which can be a little trying at times, but we will push through.
Now for a funny - we went to McDonalds on Thursday with the moms from the Bible study that I go to at church, and we walked up to the counter where the lady said very nicely "may I take your order?". Without hesitation, Lily jabbered something and then said "coke". I said to the lady, and I will have a #10 with a Diet Coke. The lady looked at me like I was CRAZY!!!! I think she thought I was expecting her to figure out what Lily had said and plug it into her register! HA!!! Lily was so 'matter of fact' about it, it just really cracked me up. She is a mess. She is beginning to be very vocal. (not sure who she gets that from) She will carry on a conversation about pretty much anything with anyone who is willing to listen. She still thinks Beau (our cat) understands what she is saying.
She also pays attention more than we think. I borrowed my Gracie's carpet cleaner today to clean up a spot on our carpet, and when I was putting the water in the machine, Lily kept saying "Paw-Paw" (Johnny - Jimmy's step-dad) and I was trying to figure out why in the heck she was calling this machine Paw-Paw. Well about a month and a half ago, Kathy and Johnny kept Lily for us and Johnny brought his carpet cleaner over to clean our living room. Johnny apparently has the same carpet cleaner, and that is why Lily was saying his name. How smart is my kid???? She amazes me everyday!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So smart! Mensa?
Oh yeah. They are paying attention and can remember anything - be careful!
Um...that is so adorable that Lily talks to your cat! She is too cute and funny. And I'm glad her asthma stuff got figured out! I know from experience that asthma is no fun!
I would have loved to have been at McDonalds when Lily place her "order", how cute!!
It's amazing what kids remember! Who would have thunk it? She is a smart kid!!
I agree asthma is no fun, went through it with Jimmy and it is a very scary thing when they are so young.
you really don't know where Lily gets the talking from?? (as long as I don't get blamed!)
:) can't wait to talk with her soon (if she will ever talk to me on the phone!)
Post a Comment