Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cheerios and Walking...

My mom told me the other day that when Allan and I were little, we did not eat cold cereal. I do not remember eating cold cereal for breakfast, but I thought it was just because mom never 'made' us. She would either fix cheese toast, oatmeal, eggs and grits, or poptarts. I thought it was just because she wanted us to have a hot meal before school, little did I know it was because we were picky. I don't think Allan will eat it now. I do but it is not my first choice. SO - since Jimmy could live off of ceral alone - I wanted to make sure that Lily experienced cold cereal for breakfast. This morning she had some fresh fruit and then cold cereal - Cheerios... (honey nut) I tried giving them to her from the spoon with milk, but she really didn't eat them that way - she has become very independent and wants to only feed herself - hince the ceral on the table. So there is a picture and a video...



She has also gotten better about walking on her own. Sometimes she still thinks crawling is quicker and easier, so she crawls. Most times here lately she has gotten herself up and walked to where ever we are. It surprises me how much and how far she walks at one time. Next she will be running. We did chase each other around the house this morning - whew! that baby wears me out... and this is only the begining.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is so cool. I loved how she fell down, but got back up again. Keep trying Lily!

Rebecca said...

And Jacade and I could live off of cereal alone. You don't know what you are missing. And I saw that you put the juice cup top on the little snack containers. Interesting. Millie still won't drink from a cup - but we'll keep trying.

Anonymous said...

She sure was enjoying her Cheerios, maybe later she will eat them with milk! I think Jimmy could eat cereal all day!!!
She is soooo cute walking, it won't be long before she will be chasing cousin Kendyl around the house. That will be awesome to see!

Anonymous said...

I love how she tries to put all the cheerois in her mouth that she can....she makes me laugh!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Look at her go!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute! Gosh, Lily is growing!