Lily has had a busy couple of weeks too - she is SO active - she really hardly ever stops - except when Elmo is on (pronounced melmo at our house)during her breathing treatment for her 'asthma' at night. She went to the Zoo with KK - (an adventure I think for KK more than Lily -- it is really hard keeping up with a toddler in a zoo

We also go to TumbleBears which is a "mommy and me" class that Lily and I go to once a week (so much fun) Yes that is my 18 month old hanging upside down on the monkey bars!!! She really enjoys being there.

Another place Lily has been the past couple of weeks is the hospital - (don't worry not to stay but to visit) - - - we visited her 'cousin' Reagan at Scottish Rite while she was being observed for 4 days for seizure activity (which all came back OK - thank goodness). You should have seen the 2 of them in the bed together playing and laughing at each other, plus it gave Kim and Reagan someone to look at besides each other. That trip made me realize how lucky we are to have a baby who could walk in and OUT of Scottish Rite the same day. There are children there that may never leave - and I was truly humbled by that day.
The very next day we were back at the hospital again - this time for a VERY exciting visit with Lily's NEW cousin Cailyn Claire Lloyd. Sharon had Cailyn on Sept 26 at 7:19am - 8lbs, 18in - mom, baby, dad, and sister are doing great. Of course Sharon is never allowed to go into labor at 4 in the morning again - Aunt Carolyn had to go take care of Kendyl so Kathy could take Sharon to the hospital (Matt unfortunately was in Memphis on a business trip) - after dropping Kendyl at daycare - I drove as fast as my little SUV would take me to the hospital. I walked in the door and Sharon was in the middle of her first push - and after 3 more - Cailyn was born!!!! YEP 3 hours of labor and 4 pushes - aren't all mothers jealous???? I am!!!! She did a great job - Matt did make it about 1 hour later - but who knew Sharon would go SO fast???? The girls I think were more interested in playing in the hospital room than in the new baby. But we did visit them at home this week and there are pics of that too!!
.
Lily also went to a birthday party with 'Aunt Amie' - but since Amie didn't give me any pictures - they don't get posted!!! Maybe if she would get off my back about posting new blogs (seeing that I talk to her almost daily so she knows what is going on..) and get some pictures to me - she might have made the blog. :)
We also visited my Aunt Jane, Uncan Mark and Cousin Erin last night - SO much fun - Lily loved playing with Erin (who I think will make a great mom some day (hint hint Erin - lily needs more cousins!!!)
As for me - I am doing well in school - got a 106 on my Anatomy Lab test last week - so I was pretty proud of that (thought i failed it)and I have a B average in the lecture part of the class. I have really bad allergies this week and NO voice - so for some in my life that is a blessing - but for me not so much. Have you ever tried to talk to a 18 month old in a 'stern' voice - when you don't have one???? She just looks at me and laughs because it sounds funny to her. KIDS!!!!!! Hope all of you are doing well and just think - Thanksgiving is only 40 days and a wake up away - it is totally my favorite holiday!!!! :)
3 comments:
Thanks for the blog but was there REAlly a need to call me out, heffer! Ha Ha! I love the blog!
I really enjoy reading your blogs, you make them sound so interesting. Which I know that they are. What excitement you have in your house. You are such a good mommy! I hope that you are feeling better now.
See you soon! Give Lily a big kiss from me!
I'm missin' all the fun, not having kids! I'm jealous...looks like ya'll are havin' fun!
RC - Alabama
Post a Comment