Friday, February 8, 2008

Bad Words and Soap...

Tonight I figured out that if (when) Lily ever says her first bad word, 1.it will be my own fault. (It really hurts when she pulls my hair, and her feet are so strong when she is climbing on me...) 2. I will not be able to wash her mouth out with soap. Not because it will be my fault and I would be a bad mother for punishing her for something I do, or because she doesn't know what the word means and she is just repeating what momma (or DADDY and his East Point mouth) says, it will be because she LIKES the taste of soap... We were in the bathroom getting teeth brushed (mine) and gums washed (her) and I looked over and Lily was standing at the bath tub with the bar of soap in her mouth. It was priceless.
The sad part is that instead of taking it away (for fear of exposure to some horrible soap allergy) I ran to get the camera!!!! By the time I returned, she had put it down and moved on to other things before I could get a shot of it. She never made an ugly face, and in fact put it in her mouth more that once... silly girl....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, just wanted to let you know I read this somewhat regularly and you and Madi will be proud to know I am giving up cussin' for lent. So far, only a couple of mess-ups!
:) LW

Anonymous said...

Yes, little ones do pick up things that mommy and daddy say and also what you do.

That would have been a cute kodak moment, guess you have to have a camera in every room to get just that right picture.

I hope it wasn't a deoderant soap. YUK!!!!

Love you Lily!