Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was like any other holiday in the Smith house... Jimmy was working, and Lily and I were trying to get a chance to see him for dinner. (Your welcome citizens of East Point - your city has been safe on EVERY holiday of Lily's first year of life) (If I sound bitter - I'm not - I just am trying to make a point) Lily and I jumped into the car around 5:30 hoping that Jimmy would be able to meet us for dinner. There are not a lot of choices in the area, that 1. have a child seat or 2. can be a place to 'eat and run'. Jimmy is famous for getting calls in the middle of dinner... not that it is his fault... I love what he does and I am very proud to be the wife of a cop - I think today I just really wanted to sit and talk to him for 30 minutes or maybe even 15... I got spoiled last week when he didn't have funerals 2 days in a row!!!!! It was fantastic!!!!! I digress...

When we arrived in the city - Jimmy was very busy so we stopped by to see our friend Ruth at work... then we called our friend Leigh (who's hubby is working late these days - he is a CPA - nuff said)we kidnapped her to have dinner with us in the hopes that Jimmy would at least be able to stop by and say hello. So that was our Valentine's Day dinner... Oz Pizza with Leigh...
We had a great time and Jimmy actually came by long enough to pose for a couple of pictures and give Lily a kiss...

then we met Leslie, Shannon, Madi and Paul Murphy, Christian and Colin at Noodle for a few minutes before heading home. Lily always loves seeing Madi... All Madi has to do is smile at her and Lily starts laughing... They are so cute!!!! Lily even managed to give Madi a hug without pulling her hair (too hard)...

I hope everyone enjoyed their Valentine's Day - I've decided that this holiday is not so much spending it with your significant other - it is about spending it with people you love - in this case - our friends...

No comments: