Sorry it has been a few days since I last wrote - it has really been a crazy week. Started out Tuesday night when Jimmy called to ask about a friend of mine from back in College Park First Baptist days... Ben Pounds was killed in a car accident on Tuesday in Louisiana. They had dispatched the police to tell his parents and Jimmy took the call because he knew that we were family friends. Ben and his twin brother Jon were always at our house during our high school days... I'm not sure how they ended up there - but they did. I have been very sad all week and Ben will truly be missed. and that is all I can say about that - (we are having a tear free day) Please pray for the Pounds family at this very sad time in their lives. We all know that Ben has moved on to a better place - but he still isn't here and that is something that his family will have to live with for a very long time.
THEN - on Thursday morning, my cousin Erin called to say that her father (my dad's brother) had a heart attack and he was going to be flown from Rockdale Hospital to Piedmont. So I spent about 2 hours on the phone between all the other family members getting all the ducks in a row and getting my 2 youngest (well they are 21 &22) but still my youngest... to the hospital from their respective colleges... My totally awesome boss and best friend's mom (Ms. Harriett) came over and took my little girl to play with Thomas, Regan, Aunt Kim and Uncle West, so I could go to the hospital and be with my family. I am so thankful to be blessed with friends like them... and all the friends and family that offered to help out with Lily too. Mark is now home after having a total of 2 cardiac caths and 5 stints... (the stints hold the arteries open to prevent future heart attacks...) We pray for a quick recovery and a smooth transition into being "heart attack boy 2" --- my daddy is "heart attack boy 1"...
Hopefully this week will bring lots of laughs and good news to share!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment